Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hathaway spends a week in shock after ex arrested

Anne Hathaway "spent a week in shock" after her then-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri was arrested.

The "Get Smart" actress - who had been dating the Italian businessman for four years, but ended the relationship following him being taken into custody on charges of federal wire fraud conspiracy and money laundering - admits the incident shock her world.

She told W magazine: "As soon as I found out about the arrest, I had to get on a plane to Mexico to do a promotional tour for 'Get Smart'. And then I spent a week in shock at a friend's house. "It's a situation where the rug was pulled out from under me all of a sudden.

But just as suddenly, my friends threw another rug back under me. One said, 'Go stay at my house.' "And Steve Carell, my 'Get Smart' co-star, stepped up for me during an interview when someone asked a question about it.

He said, 'At some point you're going to have to talk about this time in your life. You don't have to do it this week. I'll take care of anything that comes your way.' "

Rafaello - who has been detained since his June arrest because he has been unable to raise the 21-million-U.S.-dollar bail money - is said to be set to strike a deal with lawyers at the Manhattan District court today to ensure he only spends five years in federal prison.

Source: China Daily/Agencies

No comments: